This twist on a lasagna dish is fun to make and easy to serve as each roll-up is the perfect portion size for individual servings. Take the guesswork out of lasagna or tricky stuffed shells by making these roll-ups instead.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat- free ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 regular, whole-wheat, or gluten-free lasagna noodles, cooked (½ of a 16-ounce package)
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
3. Evenly spread about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Place a piece of waxed or parchment paper on the counter and lay out the lasagna noodles.
5. Spread 1⁄3 cup of the ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle.
6. Carefully roll up each noodle and place seam-side down into the baking dish.
7. Spoon the remaining spaghetti sauce over the noodles and top each one with 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve.