- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pan
- 2 cups peeled, diced peaches, fresh or thawed frozen
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 tablespoons (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar 1–3 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. For the cake: In a small bowl, mix the peaches with the brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 7 minutes. Beat the eggs in one at
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. On low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the sour cream in
2 batches, beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla, almond extract, and the peaches. Using a large spatula, give the batter a final stir to fully incorporate the peaches. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely. Transfer to a serving plate.
5. For the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners’ sugar with enough cream to create a pourable consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Slice and serve.