- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 6 buns, for serving
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Thinly sliced mozzarella cheese and lettuce, for serving
1. In a large pot, combine the hot pepper sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from the heat and continue to stir.
2. Add the chicken to the sauce.
3. Top each bun with 1 tablespoon of the ranch dressing, the lettuce,
2⁄3 cup of the chicken, and the mozzarella cheese, and serve.
To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.