- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, minced 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh part- skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 8 ounces fresh part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot, cook the quinoa in 4 cups of water over medium heat for 15 minutes, until tender.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 to 4 minutes while stirring.
4. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa with the sautéed tomato mixture. Stir in the shredded mozzarella, salt, and pepper and transfer to the pie plate.
5. Starting in the center and overlapping them slightly, arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices in a small spiral over the ﬁlling.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the basil over the top, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, and serve.