- 5 bacon slices, chopped 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 red potatoes, cubed 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream- style corn
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion, and cook for 3 to
4 minutes, or until tender. Add the potatoes, bay leaf, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Stir in the cream-style corn, frozen corn, milk, and heavy cream; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes more, until the soup begins to simmer again. Remove the bay leaf. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the bacon, and serve immediately.