Cooking this soup in the slow cooker really brings out all of the wonderful flavors of the traditional chicken noodle soup you know and love. Changing up the noodles and adding larger chunks of chicken make it stand out from the canned stuff. Stay healthy this winter!
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 1/4 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, or a combination, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces curly wide egg noodles
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Pout the broth over and stir, then cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Add the egg noodles, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, until the noodles are tender. Remove the bay leaf, taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve, garnished with scallions.