Did you know that walnuts can help protect you against heart disease? All the more reason to add a serving of walnuts wherever you can, and this ravioli is the surprisingly delicious meal you’ll love to make with your heart in mind. This traditionally heavy dish becomes lighter and healthier with lemons, asparagus, and spinach too.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh regular, whole-wheat, or gluten-free ravioli
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat the asparagus with butter, and cover with the pan with a lid. Cook for 4 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, add the ravioli to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and add to a bowl.
- When the asparagus is done, remove with a slotted spoon. Add the asparagus to the bowl of ravioli. There will be some browned butter left in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the butter-lemon sauce over the cooked ravioli and asparagus.
- Add the walnuts, parsley, and Parmesan cheese and toss gently to combine.