- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 (14-ounce) can refried beans
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup banana peppers, chopped
- Ketchup Mustard Mayonnaise
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F).
2. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick if desired. Place on the grill and cook, turning often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a skillet and warm the hot dog buns in the oven or microwave.
4. Spread a generous layer of beans in the bottom of each bun. Add a hot dog. Top with cilantro, banana peppers, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
Add other toppings like guacamole and pico de gallo salsa. Or feel free to add Mango-Tomato Salsa (page 10)!