Summer grilling season means it’s time to break out the kebabs. If you’re inexperienced with grilling, this is one of the best places to start since it’s pretty easy to tell when everything’s cooked through, especially once you can see that beautiful char on the side of the veggies.
- Yield: Serves 2–4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined
- 6 baby bell peppers, whole and stemmed
- 1 red onion, sliced into cubes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4–6 small wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 3 hours
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F).
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, peppers, onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Thread the shrimp, peppers, and onion onto wooden skewers in an alternating pattern. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve.