Potatoes on the grill? You read that right! These potato boats are packed with mushrooms, cheese and onions and are grilled to get that smoky flavor and crispy outsides.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F).
2. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush all over with oil and place on the grill skin side down. Close the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the potatoes from the grill, leaving the grill on, and let the potatoes cool slightly. Scoop out the insides, leaving the skins intact with a ¼-inch-thickness of potato ﬂesh.
4. Place the scooped-out potato ﬂesh in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the scallions (reserving some for garnish), mushrooms,
chives, cheddar, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
5. Divide the stufﬁng equally among the potato shells. Place the stuffed potatoes on the grill, close the lid, and cook until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Serve, garnished with scallions and chives.