- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced
- 8 Campari tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
- Balsamic vinegar
1. Coat the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Alternatively, heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken to the grill or pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, and then turn the chicken breasts. Cook for another 4 minutes or until nice grill marks form. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the chicken has an internal temperature of 185°F. Remove from the heat and allow to rest.
4. While the chicken is resting, brush the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on the bread and grill until lightly browned.
5. Thinly slice the cooked chicken. Slice the tomatoes.
6. Layer half of the bread slices with basil leaves. Add a few slices of mozzarella cheese, 3 to 4 slices of chicken each, and top with tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with another slice of bread.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve.