Using pre-cooked and shredded chicken, you can whip up this casserole in no time at all. The Greek yogurt adds tang and the mushrooms and rice are enhanced by the chicken broth and cheddar cheese. With so many flavors, people will think you spent hours in the kitchen!
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups chicken broth, low- sodium preferred
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese blend
- ½ cup fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and browned, 10 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the ﬂour. Stir to combine and cook for
3. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Add the chicken and rice and return to a simmer. Stir in the Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to an
8-inch square baking dish. Top with the cheddar.
4. Bake until the cheese is melted and the mixture is warm throughout, 15–20 minutes.
5. Serve warm, garnished with parsley.
To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.