The graham cracker crust is what sets these lemon bars apart from other recipes you’ve tried. Not only does it provide a solid base for the gooey topping, but it also adds a great crunchy texture to the dish that’ll make it impossible to resist going for seconds.
- Yield: Serves 6–8
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon plus 1 cup lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and eggs. Pour in the lemon juice and melted butter and stir to combine.
- Microwave, checking every minute and stirring with a spoon, until the lemon curd coats the back of the spoon, about 6 minutes. Pour into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and sprinkle with the lemon zest and as much confectioners’ sugar as you desire. Slice into squares and serve on a pretty platter.