You don’t need to give up on dessert just because you’re trying to eat healthier in 2019! This fruit tart uses a homemade crust comprised of dates, walnuts, and oats, which is much healthier than the dough version you’d usually find. Plus, we’ve substituted cream cheese for healthy Greek yogurt, which has much less sugar.
- Yield: Serves 8-10
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- 16 Medjool dates, pits removed, soaked in warm water for 10–15 minutes
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted sliced fresh fruits
- Lightly coat a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray.
- Drain the dates and then coarsely chop.
- In a food processor, pulse the dates, walnuts, and oats until a thick dough is formed.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
- Mix the yogurt with the honey, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Spread the yogurt over the crust.
- Decorate with sliced fresh fruit. Serve.