Cabbage is one of those veggies you know you should eat more of but can’t ever think of a way to spice up. This recipe is your answer. Not only do you get to enjoy a crisper, more flavorful dish by frying the cabbage, but this recipe also includes chopped bacon to add a salty twist.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30–35 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into quarters and shredded
- 1–2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½–1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, vinegar, and pepper ﬂakes, stir well, and cook until the cabbage is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in the reserved bacon, and serve.