Served at room temperature or chilled, this cold soup is a refreshing summer dish. Fresh, uncooked veggies are blended together to perfection and served with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of on top. Plus, as an added bonus — it’s both dairy and gluten free!
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Resting Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- Kernels from 3 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, corn kernels, bell peppers, shallots, garlic, and jalapeño. Sprinkle with the sea salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour the corn mixture into a blender or food processor and add the olive oil. Blend the soup until smooth or, if you prefer, leave a bit chunky.
- Add the vinegar, lime zest, and lime juice. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and some chives.