- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 5 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise 1½ teaspoons lime juice,
- plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the cabbage, ¼ cup of the cilantro, the scallions, vinegar,
1 teaspoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of cilantro, the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle chile, and garlic salt and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set both aside for serving.
3. Combine the chili powder, coriander, cumin, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Pat the tilapia dry with paper towels, brush with the remaining teaspoon of oil, and rub evenly with the spice mixture.
4. Place the tilapia on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cut apart into bite-size pieces with a fork and knife.
5. Smear each tortilla with ½ tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture and top with some of the cabbage slaw and a few pieces of ﬁsh. Serve with lime wedges.