- Servings: 20-22 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Butter and ﬂour a nonstick madeleine pan.
2. In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment or in a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until blended. Beat in the vanilla, lemon zest, and sea salt.
3. Add the ﬂour and beat until blended. Gradually add the butter slowly until blended.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into each indentation in the prepared pan.
5. Bake until puffy and brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan.
7. Let the pan cool. Repeat the process with the remainder of the batter.
8. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve.