- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, beef, and spices. Divide
into 4 even patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Place
burgers in the pan and cook for approximately 8 minutes on
each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Sprinkle flour over the drippings in the pan and whisk gently.
Cook flour mixture an additional five minutes, stirring constantly
and scraping up any bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly add the beef broth, whisking to dissolve any lumps. Stir
milk into the mixture and return to a gentle simmer. Gravy will
thicken. Taste and season as needed.
- Pour gravy over the burgers to serve.