- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the beef, and cook until mostly browned. Add the onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, bring to a low simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Top with dollops of ricotta and spread lightly. Top with the remaining pasta mixture. Cover with the mozzarella and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is melted and lightly golden. Let cool slightly and serve.
Try sausage, ground turkey, or even pepperoni in place of the ground beef.