- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped shallots, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper Sea salt
- Chunk of French or ciabatta bread (about 4 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- Diced cucumber, for garnish
1. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, garlic, cucumber, bell pepper and shallots. Start to pulse, then slowly add the sherry balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
2. Add the cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Taste and season with salt.
3. Add the bread and pulse until blended in.
4. Transfer the soup to an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
5. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with some chopped cucumber, shallots, and a drizzle of olive oil.