- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked brown jasmine rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus extra for serving
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the jasmine rice inside. Add the chicken broth, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper ﬂakes. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a low simmer. Cover the skillet with the lid. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, covered, until the rice is cooked through.
2. Mix the black beans, cilantro, and lime juice into the cooked rice. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and nestle it into the cooked rice. Cover and cook just until the shrimp are pink and beginning to curl, about 10 minutes.
3. Add extra lime juice and extra chopped fresh cilantro to the plate when serving.