- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled (see Notes)
- 1¼ cups finely grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Combine the rice, ¼ cup of the cheddar cheese, the Parmesan cheese, and 1 egg.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan to ¼-inch thickness.
4. Bake for 7 minutes until the crust begins to brown.
5. In a large bowl, beat the remaining 4 eggs with the herbes de Provence, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
6. After the crust has baked, lower the oven temperature to 375°F.
7. Layer the broccoli, mushrooms, remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese, and scallions onto the crust.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until set and the top is golden.
You’ll need about 2⁄3 cup uncooked brown rice to yield 2 cups cooked.