- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 4 to 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced 8 large eggs
- 1∕3 cup whole milk
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and lightly coat a 9 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to coat, then place on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the potatoes and lower the oven temperature to 350ºF.
3. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Add the cooked potatoes, sautéed onion, bacon, cheese, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, until the egg custard is set. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.