- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced Soy sauce, for serving
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
1. In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
4. Strain the broth, reserving the vegetables to eat on the side.
5. Add the mushrooms and green onions to the broth.
6. Ladle into bowls. Season with soy sauce and Sriracha and serve.