- Servings: 12 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours Chill time
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box spice- flavored cake mix
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dark molasses
- Assorted candies and icing for decorating
1. In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, combine the spice-ﬂavored cake mix, ½ cup ﬂour, and ground ginger and mix on low for a few seconds to combine. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, and dark molasses, beating brieﬂy. Then add to
the ﬂour mixture with the machine on medium. Beat for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides once. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or up to 3 days before continuing.
2. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. On a lightly ﬂoured work surface, roll the dough in two batches to
¼-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on the baking sheet about 1½ inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown.
4. Cool completely on a wire rack before decorating as desired. Serve.