- Servings: 3 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar 1 pound pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, boiling water, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cream of tartar. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue to cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans, then the vanilla. Stir until the pecans are fully coated.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the pecans on top. Using a fork, separate the pecans and let cool for 10 to 20 minutes. Pour into a party bowl and serve.