- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45–55 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray again.
2. Mash the bananas and place into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup.
3. Add the eggs, applesauce, and vegetable oil to the bananas. Stir to blend. Add enough water to ﬁll the measuring cup of wet ingredients to 2 cups.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Stir in the pecans and vanilla.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until golden.
8. Place the bread, in the pan, on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
9. Run a knife or ﬂat metal spatula around the pan. Carefully turn the bread out of the pan onto the rack to cool further. Slice and serve.