- Yield: 24 bites
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-17 minutes
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chopped scallions for serving
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest plus ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the zucchini bites: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Put the shredded zucchini in a medium bowl and sprinkle
¼ teaspoon salt on top. Let sit for 5 minutes, then place the zucchini in a clean tea towel and wring out the liquid.
3. In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, eggs, onion, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, panko, garlic, herbes de Provence, pepper, and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt until well combined. Scoop the mixture into the muffin cups, filling evenly to the top of each one.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
5. For the lemon aioli: In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, garlic, and the lemon zest and juice until combined and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the scallions over the zucchini bites and serve warm with the aioli.