Bacon and chives add a savory kick to deviled eggs that makes them perfect for spring get-togethers. The key is that the bacon and chives are not just for garnish, they are actually mixed into the egg mixture for optimal flavor.
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- 12 large eggs, hard-boiled, cooled, and cut in half
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped
- fresh chives, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Remove the egg yolks from the egg halves.
- Place the yolks in a medium bowl, then add the bacon, mayonnaise, cheese, chives, vinegar, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in 5 tablespoons sour cream, check the consistency, and add 1 more tablespoon if needed.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into the egg halves and pile high.
- Arrange the eggs on a platter, sprinkle with paprika, bacon, and chives, and serve.