Ginger, known to be anti-inflammatory and generally good for heart health, takes the main stage in these appropriately shaped chocolates. Dark chocolate is also wonderfully rich in antioxidants and promotes a healthy heart. The ginger candy used in these sweet treats contains real ginger and you can enjoy these sweets with someone you love this Valentine’s day and feel good about it!
- Servings: 15 hearts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup crushed hard ginger candy
- Sea salt for garnish
- Heart molds can be found at a craft store or online.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate on 50% power in
30-second increments, stirring in between each, until melted. Fold in ½ cup of the crushed ginger candy.
- Place ½ teaspoon of the remaining ginger candy in each well of a heart mold (15 mini hearts in each mold; see Note) and pour the chocolate mixture over the top. Repeat until the mold is full.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To remove from the mold, place the mold upside-down and push the hearts out onto a plate or surface. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.