- Servings: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 1 hour chilling time
- Cook Time: 10-11 minutes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, and ﬂour. Mix well.
2. Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Use a cookie press or the bottom of a glass to ﬂatten each ball until they are about
¼ inch thick.
5. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.