- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ pounds asparagus, ends snapped, cut into
- ½-inch pieces, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the garam masala, curry powder, and turmeric, stir, and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Add the broth, stir, then add the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice.
6. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until it is completely smooth.
7. Ladle into bowls, top with slivered almonds and extra asparagus stalks, if desired, and serve.