- Servings: 16 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes, plus 2 to 3 hours sitting time
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats Pinch of sea salt
- 16 whole almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chips or chopped, melted
1. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cream, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and coconut extract. Heat over medium heat until the mixture is melted.
2. Stir in the cocoa powder, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, oats, and salt.
3. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch mounds and place on parchment paper, pressing ﬁrmly to smooth. The mixture may be soft.
4. Press a whole almond onto the top of each cookie.
5. Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the top of each cookie.
6. Let the cookies sit for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature before serving.