- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 red onion, chopped 2 carrots, finely grated
- ½ leek, sliced and rinsed well
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups jarred beets, cut into
- ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups thickly sliced red cabbage
- 1–2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until it begins to soften.
2. Add the carrots and leek. Stir in the broth, potato, and beets. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish the soup with a dollop of sour cream and some dill. Serve.