- Servings: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) bag sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla and mix well.
3. In a small bowl using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with the salt until they hold stiff peaks.
4. Carefully fold the egg whites and salt into the coconut mixture.
5. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and the bottoms are golden brown. Cool and serve.