- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 1½ cups beef broth 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour 1½ cups sour cream
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and salt and cook until al dente. Drain and return the pasta to the pot. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, add the mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender.
3. Add the beef and cook until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt, and the Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl whisk the remaining ½ cup broth and the ﬂour together and add to the beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute. Let cool for 2 minutes and stir in the sour cream. Serve over the noodles.