Stuffed apples are the perfect “I want to impress my guests but nothing too tricky” kind of dessert. Leave them cooking in the slow cooker while dinner is served to whet your guests appetites and finish off the presentation with ice cream and other toppings.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 1/2–3 hours
- 6 large Gala apples
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup apple cider
- Ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Wash and core the apples using a melon baller or paring knife, leaving about ½ inch on the bottom of the apple. Remove 1 inch from the top of the apples to prevent them from splitting.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts, butter, and cinnamon and fill each apple with the mixture. Place the apples in the slow cooker and pour the apple cider on top.
- Cover and cook on High for 2½ to 3 hours, until the apples are soft when poked with a fork.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.