- Servings: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour Chill Time
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter for about 5 minutes, until light and ﬂuffy. Add the granulated sugar and mix until well combined and very light in color. Add the vanilla and mix well.
2. In another large bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, cocoa powder, and salt. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add the ﬂour mixture, stopping as soon as all the ﬂour has been incorporated. Do not overmix.
3. Form the dough into a log 2 inches in diameter, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge. Cut into ¼-inch slices and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until ﬁrm, 20 to 25 minutes. Be sure to rotate the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack and serve.