- Servings: 36 bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1½ cups all-purpose flour 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, melted, for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9 x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and mix well. Stir in the flour. Press the dough mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
3. While the crust is baking, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in the pecans. Pour over the crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
4. Run a knife around the edges of the pan. Let cool for about 1 hour. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars, if desired, and let dry. Cut into 36 bars and serve.