Lighter than a smoothie but thicker than juice, this soup is best served extra cold with a strawberry garnish and a dollop of crème fraîche. Hints of mint, orange zest and almonds round out the flavors nicely.
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus 6 fresh mint leaves, chopped, for garnish
- In a food processor, puree the strawberries until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar and puree for 1 minute. Add the orange juice and lime juice and puree for 1 minute more.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the mint and process for another minute. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons mint, the orange zest, granulated sugar, and almonds. Add the crème fraîche