- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 (8-ounce) tubes refrigerated original style crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes, thawed
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Unroll 1 tube of crescent rolls and place in the baking dish in 1 piece. Use your ﬁngers to press together all the seams and make an even layer of dough in the bottom and partially up the sides of the dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. While the bottom crust is baking, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until translucent, then add the chicken, potatoes, peas and carrots, and the water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir in the soup and poultry seasoning. Spoon into the baked crust.
4. Unroll the second tube of crescent rolls and press the seams together to seal, stretching the dough slightly to the size of the baking dish. Lay on top of the ﬁlling, sealing the edges. Cut 4 to 6 steam vents into the top crust, brush with the milk, and bake for 25 minutes, until the top crust is browned and cooked through. Serve.
To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into ½-inch pieces.