- Yield: 7 large croissant sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight set
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 7 croissants
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 14 thin slices deli ham
- 7 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the croissants, spread each one with mustard, and fill them with the ham and cheese. Shingle the croissant sandwiches into the casserole dish.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl, add the milk, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Pour over the sandwiches and cover the dish with foil. Weight the top with a plate or cookie sheet to submerge the sandwiches in the egg mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake, covered with the foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve.
Spice the sandwiches up with pepper jack cheese or add a touch of sweetness with honey Dijon mustard.
It’s all about the croissants! If you can find some at a local bakery, the superior quality and freshness will certainly shine through.