How often do you take advantage of that panini press you received from your wedding registry? Not nearly enough, I imagine. And there’s no reason to skip out when you can have a restaurant-worthy sandwich ready in about 15 minutes. Chicken, cheese, bacon, avocado… who could resist?
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 slices thickly cut sourdough bread
- 1–2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss, Monterey Jack, or pepper Jack cheese
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Preheat a panini press or grill pan.
- Spread one slice of bread with mayonnaise.
- Layer 1 slice of cheese, half the chicken slices (or as many as you’d like), 2 slices of bacon, half the avocado slices, and top with another slice of cheese before adding the top slice of bread. Repeat for the second sandwich.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Place the sandwiches on the panini press or grill pan and press until the bread is golden.
- If using a grill pan, ﬂip the sandwiches after 2 minutes to grill the other sides.
To cook the chicken, place the breast on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.