- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup buttermilk
For the Topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder, and salt and whisk to mix completely. Add the cold butter, and cut into the mixture with a pastry cutter until the texture of granola.
- Add the buttermilk and mix just until the liquid is absorbed. Do not over mix at this stage. Stir in the cheese.
- Use a -cup ice cream scoop to make mounds of the dough on the bake sheet, placing them 2 inches apart. Bake immediately for about 15 minutes the biscuits will be golden brown when done.
- While biscuits bake, mix together melted butter, parsley, and garlic powder. When the biscuits come out of the oven immediately brush them with the butter and herb mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt. Best when served while warm.