Sometimes the only way to get kids to eat their veggies is by disguising it among other, more appealing, ingredients. This cheesy, bacon-y casserole does just that, offering up those good-for-you veggies under a cloak of irresistible creamy, salty goodness.
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, scallions, milk, and garlic powder. Add the broccoli and stir until coated. Place the broccoli mixture in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Top with the cheese and bacon and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 5 minutes, until slightly golden. Serve.
You can substitute a 2.5-ounce box of precooked bacon for the bacon in this recipe.