These poppable bites are one of the first things to go at any kind of party. The champagne helps bring out the flavor of the strawberry in the cake mix, and the white chocolate drizzle on top seals the deal for an elegant, easy dessert.
- Yield: Makes about 32 cake balls
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30–35 minutes, plus 3 hours chill time
- 1 (15.2-ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1¼ cups champagne
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) container white cake frosting
- 1½ pounds white chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9 x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, champagne, oil, and eggs until smooth. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
- Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Add the frosting to the cake crumbs and mix until evenly combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form small round balls by rolling a rounded tablespoon’s worth of mixture between your palms and place on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Remove the balls from the freezer and lightly drizzle with the melted chocolate. Return the balls to the baking tray to allow the chocolate to harden. Serve.