- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 to 4 hours on Low or 2 to 3 hours on High
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread cut into cubes
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Caramel sauce, warmed, for serving
1. Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray
2. Place the bread cubes, apples, pecans, and raisins in the slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the eggs, half-and-half, apple cider, vanilla, salt, and melted butter. Mix well to combine. Pour over the bread mixture.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours, until the pudding has set up and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Server with a drizzle of warm caramel sauce.