- Servings: 48 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (24-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, cream the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and shortening on medium speed until pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
3. Add the ﬂour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until each cup is well combined before adding the next. Add the chocolate chips.
4. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.