- Servings: 24 mini pies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for the muffin tin
- Pie dough for 1 double-crust 9-inch pie (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with butter.
2. Roll out the pie dough and cut out 24 rounds with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. (I actually use a child’s cup about 3 inches in diameter.) Press the pie crust rounds into the mini muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. It will have the consistency of syrup.
4. Divide the pecans among the muffin cups. Pour about 2 tablespoons of pie filling on top of the pecans in each muffin cup. The pecans will float to the top.
5. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes. Remove the pies gently, using a fork if needed, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.